Ambuja Cements Limited has mandated M.R. Technofin with a consultancy work for re-modelling of railway yard at its Farakka grinding unit in West Bengal, India.
In April 2021, Ambuja Cement awarded M.R. Technofin Consultants consultancy work for carrying out a feasibility study for augmenting/modifying its in-plant railway yard and to design railway Dead-End / Buffer infrastructure.
Ambuja Cements Ltd. (ACL) has a Grinding Unit near Kendua Village, Farakka district, Murshidabad, West Bengal. The plant is located on right side of Tildanga railway station under Malda Division of Eastern Railway. The cement plant is located at about 1400 metres from Tildanga railway station. In order to improve the capacity and safety of railway operations within yard at Farakka unit, ACL intends to modify the in-plant railway yard for capacity augmentation as well as install/construct a railway dead-end. Scope of consultancy services includes:
- Studying the safety system for the railway operations
- Preparing the detailed designs of the railway dead-end/buffer infrastructure
- Preparing the technical specifications, detailed BOQs and cost estimates
- Carrying out reconnaissance and Total Station surveys of the in-plant rail yard
- Preparing the conceptual designs of the options including identification of modifications to meet the requirements of the projected traffic.
- Preparing the abstract cost estimate covering the civil engineering and electrical works.
- Preparing Feasibility Study Report (FSR) clearing all technical requirements with Railways.
- Obtaining “In–Principal Approval” (IPA) of Feasibility Study Report from Railways.
- Preparing Detailed Project Report (DPR) and cost estimates covering all the components of the railway line viz. Civil & OHE works.
- Preparing Engineering Scale Plan (ESP) for the railway system.
- Obtaining approval of Detailed Project Report & Engineering Scale Plan from Railways.